How To Do The Breathwork
1. Breath deeply in a smooth & steady rhythm. Inhale through the nose, let go through the mouth. Follow the guidance in each track which will help you to keep a smooth rhythm with your breath.
2. Hold with empty lungs; resist the first urge to breath and go slightly beyond the comfort zone. Try to relax fully both the mind and body.
3. Hold with full lungs; contact the muscles of your pelvic floor and visualize drawing the energy up your spine. Visualize your intention and feel yourself as the embodiment of the energy you want to cultivate in your life.
4. Let go of the breath and relax before beginning the next round of breathing in a rhythm
You will be fully guided in each track, so all you need to do is relax, listen and allow.
The Power of Doing Breathwork
The style of breathwork we will be using during this program has numerous benefits. Some of the benefits are outlined below:
- Quiet the mind and open the heart to tine in with your inner guidance
- Access expanded states of consciousness to receive insight, clarity, and your own inner wisdom
- Raise your vibrational energy; boosts mood and overall energy level
- Creates a state of coherence in the body leading to lower levels of stress, increased mental clarity, and the ability to make decisions from a centered place
- Diaphramic breathing moves the largest lymph gland in the body creating a detoxifying effect
We encourage you to try the breathwork daily for an extended period and observe the powerful shifts in how you feel (within all aspects of your being physical, mental, emotional, energetic):
During this style of breathwork we will be creating a state of intermittent hypoxia using the breath hold technique. This intermittent hypoxia training (IHT) therapy has been shown to:
- Improve athletic performance, stamina and endurance
- Expand the capacity of the lungs
- Train the body to use oxygen more efficiency for overall improvements in health and wellbeing
Coherence breath techniques and gentle breath holds which do not cause hypoxia are safe to be to be used for anyone. And can be beneficial for All individuals.
IHT therapy (kumbaka) or the extended breathholds is contra-indicated, in the case of:
- Acute severe illness
- Epilepsy (on line sessions)
- Patients with pacemakers or heart arrhythmias.
Some conditions which maybe aggravated by IHT include and careful attention to technique must be paid.
Eg: Tinnitus, hernias.
For all other medical conditions please be you may be your own guide, gently include IHT to improve your health. Your body is your own guide as to how far you should push. It is always safer to build up your tolerance slowly and steadily.
What if I am a person with any of the contraindications?
You will still gain enormous benefits from this course. The rhythmic breathing and visualization techniques will help you tremendously.
Simply stay away from the breath retentions unless you are supervised by your health professional.
Enter your text here...