Terms and Conditions
The Fruitful Awakening, LLC
Outlined below are the The Fruitful Awakening, LLC (henceforth referred to as “TFA”) terms of service. It is your responsibility to fully understand the terms and conditions for each of our events set out at
www.thefruitfulawakening.com and on wetravel.com
Should you have questions regarding the terms and conditions, please email TFA at
firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify any areas in advance of you booking a reservation and/or signing our mandatory liability waiver.
Those who book their reservation by placing any payment and/or attend any TFA event, accept the following terms and conditions.
Table of Contents:
- All prices are listed in US Dollar unless otherwise specified.
- All bookings are per person
- Neither booking option includes airfare, ground transportation or travel insurance
- If the retreat is cancelled due to Covid-19 or for any other reason, you will be given a full refund of all payments made to TFA including the deposit. See Cancellation Policy section for more details.
Reserve your spot with a non-refundable $250 deposit per person.
- Discount Code Terms
○Only one discount code can be used per booking transaction.
Payment can only be made by credit/debit card.
TFA will charge the retreat balance in full two months prior to departure using the card on file.
If full payment is not received by two months prior to Retreat Start Date, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation and fill your spot. We will make every effort to avoid this situation by contacting you prior to and on the day of the balance due date.
If You Cancel
If you wish to cancel your retreat booking, you must notify TFA in writing by emailing
Your cancellation fee will be determined according to the terms outlined below.
Exceptions to our cancellation policy cannot be made for ANY reason, including weather, terrorism, civil unrest, government/political situations, health changes, personal emergencies, natural disaters,
travel restrictions, etc. There is no discount/refund for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays, or illness.
- If cancellation takes place more than 60 days prior to the event start date, any payments made will be
refunded minus your deposit.
- If cancellation takes place between 45-60 days prior to the event start, 50% of the trip price will be forfeited minus your deposit.
- If cancellation takes place less than 30 days prior to the event start date, 100% of the trip price will be forfeited.
Important: If we attempt to charge the remaining balance 60 days before the retreat start date as noted above but the card is declined, and you do not cancel your registration, nor respond to our communication, TFA retains the right to release your spot. The remaining balance for your spot which has not then been paid to TFA by you, will be recovered from you by TFA as a debt due and payable. Consider travel insurance to protect the costs of your trip in the case of injury, illness or inability to attend for other reasons.
If TFA Cancel
TFA reserves the right to make any changes deemed necessary; including, but not limited to: TFA staffing
assignments, advertised excursions, arranged transportation, advertised meals, etc. If the designated trip leader is unable to lead the trip for any reason, TFA will enlist another teacher of substantially similar qualifications to lead the retreat. In the event of any change, postponement, or delay, you acknowledge that you will have no right of refund of the retreat price in whole or in part and no right
to claim compensation for any injury, loss or damage or other additional expenses incurred by virtue of the change, modification, postponement or delay.
TFA reserves the right to cancel any retreat at any time, in which case, you will be given a full refund of any and all payments made to TFA. TFA is not responsible for any expenses or damages incurred as a result of retreat cancellation and you will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damages (either direct or consequential)
or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation including but not limited to: preparation costs, airline tickets, ground transportation, travel documents, visa/passport fees, vaccination charges, gear purchases, patreon memberships, taxes, or other expenses.
TFA reserves the right to make changes and/or cancel any aspect of the retreat including, but not limited
to, events that may be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions such as weather, political, military, terrorist, health virus outbreak, too few retreat attendees, or for any other reason considered necessary by TFA. While every effort is made to keep to all published itineraries, TFA reserves the right to make changes, however no refund for unused services will be considered if a retreat is cancelled due to threatening conditions.
TRIP INSURANCE & DOCUMENTS
Guests are encouraged to purchase individual trip Insurance for international retreats. Your deposit and any payments made within three months of the retreat start date are non-refundable. Basic trip insurance will protect you for the full amount paid due to cancellation reasons covered by the policy, such as severe weather or illness. Should you need to cancel for any reason not covered by the policy (family or work
commitments, pre-existing medical conditions, pregnancy, etc.), a “Cancel for Any Reason” add-on will reimburse you for a percentage of the prepaid, forfeited, non-refundable payments or deposits.
This includes your airfare, deposit and any additional payments, if applicable.
The Fruitful Awakening Retreats will not be held responsible for any delay, additional expense or inconvenience that may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside of our control (ie: late arrival/departure of flights, civil disturbance, fire, flood, cyclones, severe weather, acts of God, and acts of government, machinery or equipment failure, or cancellations for any reason.) No refunds will be given for “no shows” or days not used resulting from the above aforementioned.
Travel Documents and Immunizations
It is the responsibility of each traveler to obtain all required travel documents including Visas and health immunizations.
Retreat rates are per person. Double, triple, quad, bunk or otherwise advertised shared rooms require
shared occupancy for the specified room rate. If you book a shared room without a specified
roommate(s), we will do our very best to match you with your desired room type and gender preferences but this isn’t guaranteed.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I acknowledge that I have voluntarily enrolled to participate in TFA retreats. In consideration of TFA
allowing me to participate in TFA retreats, I agree to this release of claims, waiver of liability and assumption of risks. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, successors, administrators and any other person who may have an interest at common law or by operation of statute,
I hereby waive any and all claims I or such parties may have now or in the future. I release from liability TFA and any employees, guides, agents, venue, catering, shamans, or representatives (“the releasees”) for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss or any nature suffered by me as a result of participation in any activity on the retreat. I release from liability TFA for any cause whatsoever including those arising out of, or in any way connected to or occasioned by the negligence of the
The environment is subject to natural forces which result in obstacles and hazards. Risks can include but are not limited to:
- i) Isolation: TFA retreats may be in wilderness and
natural areas which may not be regularly patrolled, communication may be difficult and rescue and medical treatment may not be availablefor hours.
- ii) Animals: TFA retreats may include hiking in natural areas which may result in encounters with wild animals and insects which may injure or kill.
iii) Weather: conditions vary from retreat to retreat and may include but rapid and/or extreme changes presenting significant challenges.
- iv) Environmental Risks and Hazards: varying from retreat to retreat and may include but are not limited
to: rapidly moving, deep or cold water; insects, snakes and predators, including large animals;
falling and rolling rock; lightning, flash floods and unpredictable forces of nature, including weather which may change to extreme conditions without warning. Possible injuries and illnesses
include hypothermia, frostbite, high altitude illnesses, sunburn, heat stroke, dehydration and other mild or serious conditions.
- v) Activities & Ceremonies: varying from retreat to retreat and may include but are not limited to: plant
medicine ceremonies, fire ceremonies, dance parties, ice bath cold exposure, hiking, backpacking
and climbing in a wide variety of environments including on rock, snow and ice;
bicycling on trails and roads with a wide range of surface conditions and traffic volume; rock climbing, ropes courses, using zip-wires and rope swings; white-water rafting, river kayaking, paddle boarding, sea-kayaking and canoeing; swimming, snorkeling and surfing; fishing.
I acknowledge the enjoyment and challenge I receive from the activities of a TFA event, the wilderness and natural outdoor experience, its isolation, the opportunity to experience wildlife and nature, and the emotional experiences resulting from personal growth exploration. I voluntarily assume all risks associated with these activities and freely waive any and all legal rights that I may have against the releasees.
Food Allergies and Allergies Notification
An environment free of allergens CANNOT be guaranteed on a TFA retreat. Therefore, the released parties cannot guarantee that any particular food product is free of all traces of any particular allergen, that consumption of a food product will not result in some form of allergic reaction,
or that the participant will not come into contact with any allergens while in attendance on TFA retreats.
The undersigned acknowledges and agrees that she/he is aware of such risks and that
participation in the event will expose the participant to food, activities and persons that may result in exposure to allergens and injury and, in that regard and assuming such risks, the undersigned
hereby fully releases and discharges the Released Parties from any and all liability and/or responsibility to the participant.
Permission for Capture and Use
Media is defined as photography, video, written or verbal testimonial, or any other form of capturing likeness. TFA has the irrevocable right and unrestricted permission concerning any captured media that TFA has taken or may take of me or in which I may be included with others, to use, reuse, publish, and republish in whole or in part, individually or in connection with other material, in any and all publishing platforms including the Internet. The media can be used for any purpose whatsoever, specifically including illustration, promotion, art, editorial, advertising, and trade, without restriction as to
alteration; and to use my name in connection with any use if TFA so chooses (i.e. tagging the participant in photos on Facebook/Instagram). TFA is discharged from any and all claims and demands that may arise out of or in connection with the use of the media.
TFA only shares the customer data bank with the specific venue that the participant is registered for and
does not share the information with third parties. We store all data in the Google products,
so information is stored in Google servers internationally. We are absolutely confident In Google’s data privacy policies . All data is stored in an account that can be accessed only by TFA team
Of WeTravel (if used to book a retreat) and/or Signature (if used to legally sign the waiver form).
By participating in any event, the email address is automatically subscribed to the TFA newsletter; however, users have the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time.
Release and Waiver of Liability
Attendees will be required to sign the following
TFA Liability Waiver prior to the first day of the retreat:
1.I knowingly and voluntarily waive any claim I may have against The Fruitful Awakening (TFA) (owners, teachers, independent contractors, employees, assistant, volunteers, agents) and any of their contracted vendors (venue, caterers, shamans, etc.) for injuries or damages that I, my heirs, guardians, and legal representatives now have or may hereafter have for injury, damage, or death resulting from my participation at TFA yoga events (classes, workshops, retreats, etc.)
2.I recognize that yoga involves physical exertion, which may be strenuous and cause physical injury. Therefore, I understand that I must judge my own capabilities with respect to practicing yoga. By my participation in yoga taught by TFA, I agree to assume full responsibility for any injuries.
- I acknowledge that TFA may make suggestions that are intended to help me and my well-being. However I take ultimate responsibility for my choices and realize that the TFA team are not licensed medical providers.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in yoga and breathwork. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and have no medical
condition which would prevent my full participation in yoga classes, workshops,
retreats, and other activities.
- I understand that instructors may physically adjust me; if I feel uncomfortable, it is my responsibility to let the instructor know that I do not want to be touched.
- If I experience pain or discomfort during the event, I will modify TFA’s instruction to suit my individual needs. I will not hold TFA responsible for any pain or discomfort I experience during or after the event. I understand that the activities offered on this retreat are not a substitute for professional medical care.
- I will submit my dietary restrictions when requested but if they change before the retreat, I understand
that I am fully responsible for finding my own food and don’t expect TFA nor the venue / catering to accommodate my updated requests.
- I acknowledge that my involvement at a TFA event is not covered by any insurance policies. I fully accept and assume all risks and responsibilities for losses, costs, and damages incurred as a result of my participation. I understand that I am responsible for securing my own insurance.
- Any equipment (blocks, mats, straps) provided during a TFA event are meant to assist and/or enhance the yoga experience. I understand that improper use of this equipment may lead to injuries.
- I agree I will be fully responsible for my own physical condition and well-being during the event. I may be vulnerable to the experience of others, who may not have complete control over their actions. Other persons participating in these activities may cause me injury. The TFA team will instruct and assist when necessary, but they cannot guarantee that participants will
follow all instructions. Especially if you are paired with a partner, it’s
your responsibility to alert the team if you’re not comfortable.
- I agree that The Fruitful Awakening is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I am participating at their events.
- For the benefit of everyone at the TFA events, TFA reserves the right to reject any participant from
attending at any time without liability. In the event that a participant is disruptive to the harmony of the event, TFA may expel the participant from the event without any obligation to pay a refund or any other
amount whatsoever. TFA will carry no responsibility or liability for any participant who leaves the event prior to its conclusion or for any activity undertaken by any participant which is not included on the event
- I hereby grant TFA unlimited, royalty-free rights to utilize my image taken via any form of media during an event. These images may be posted on the internet (The Fruitful Awakening website) and/or social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, etc).
It is your responsibility to fully understand the terms and conditions. Should you have questions regarding
the terms and conditions of TFA, please request clarification by contacting TFA via email at